Tuesday 7 June 2011

Just 5 days to go!

Just five days to go!

You may have noticed that I have changed the countdown in the sidebar to days rather than weeks. The grading is on Sunday and starts at 10.00am for the warm up. Since there are so many of us grading this time (about 19) we have been told to expect the grading to last until around 6.30pm with the presentations at 7.00. It will be a long, long day!

My aims this week are mainly to avoid further injuries and to just keep walking through the techniques to keep everything fresh in my mind. We had a hard session last night which focused on the first half of the syllabus which is mainly Kihon and kata (with bunkai). My leg held out well with the kicking so I'm pretty sure it's going to be okay for the grading - phew!

On Wednesday we will be going through the second half of the syllabus which is mainly partner work. I expect this will be an equally hard session but after that I am resting up until the grading. I think I am as prepared as I'm going to be now, I'm comfortable with the syllabus and know what to expect on grading day. There doesn't seem any point in pushing myself to the limits in the last few days, I don't think it will achieve anything.

I probably won't post again now until after the grading so hopefully I'll have good news for you....

12 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you this weekend! I am sure you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! Your hard work will pay off, and I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very best of Luck to you. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. Don't keep us waiting too long will you?!

    xMx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe in luck, Sue, but I will wish you Good Skill! You know you are ready for whatever Sunday brings, so go on out there and do your thing :-)

    As hard as it may be to stay in the moment during your grading, please remember to have fun out there. And please get at least one picture of you in your shiny new belt (and one of you and your sensei - which I totally forgot to do after my test - duh)...

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm sure you will do well. Just relax, and do what you've been practising for so long - you already know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a long, long day!

    Advice: Make sure you don't expend any unnecessary energy by nervousness. Don't fall prone to bouncing around, being jumpy, trying to get rid of nervous energy - in between things you are doing sit seiza at the appropriate place, stay still, breathe deeply and rhythmically in the diaphragm and remain totally in the moment and aware of all that is going on.

    You're ready! Have fun!

    Two days before, maybe one, stop; relax; unwind; enjoy and forget all your karate! Go to a movie, walk with your husband and talk about anything but; enjoy and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're all with you. Best of luck and remember to breath and be present in the moment. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm rooting for ya, Sue! Can't wait to read your post of your successful grading once I return from camp next Sunday!

    I'm chiming in with Felicia here... make sure to take some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be a strange few days. Have a blast on the day - remember it's all about you, Sue!

    Technique more than strength, Spirit more than technique – Confucius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your advice and good wishes -it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it went well Sue. I was thinking for you yesterday while Shihan was torturing us with stances! Can't wait to hear how things went.

    xMx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.